[Edu-sig] RE: Python in High School, [Ofset-freeduc] PythonCard?

Dean Goodmanson goodmansond@yahoo.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:39:46 -0700 (PDT)

I really can't tell by the last few posts if these are
related, but I've been waiting for someone to point at
PythonCard ( http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/ ) in
relation to the "Drag-and-Drop for Teaching Python"
post.  I've found Pythoncard is more VB-Like than
HyperCard, and from reading the list off-and-on it has
got the 'up and building in no time' feel.
Cross-platform (and free) is a plus with the
requirement of OS X for Mac.

You may also be interested in the PyKarel project
implementing Karel the Robot in Python
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykarel/ (Home page
currently didn't render for me. Article here:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2002/10/24/pythonnews.html

Tossing potentially redundant information over the
fence,

Dean