[Edu-sig] Morphix

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Jan 5 08:12:45 EST 2004

Great minds think alike ;)

The BNCGroup's Knowledge Technology Toolkit would be a Knoppix based
bootable CD.  The content of which....?

The concept of such a resource in this media, providing easy access to the
curious of Python related educational resources has been suggested by AS
here before.  It would clearly, IMO, be a wonderful resource to have
available.

Morphix is a Knoppix based distribution that is specifically designed for
easy reconfiguration to allow customized distribution.  For example, a
distribution highlighting Python related educational resources.

http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/

While it would quite swell to have a $2 mil budget to put something like
this together, a start might be reasonably made with a $0 budget.

I have a lot on my plate, and don't think this is something I will get very
far with - again, trying to be realistic - working on my own.

One alternative I can think of is to simply open a sourceforge project, make
a python-list announcement, and see if any community interest is generated.

Any thoughts, interest, words of encouragement?