[Edu-sig] The Geek Channel

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Nov 21 18:49:04 CET 2004

> Finding workable models along these lines is an extremely important
> effort, which is why I follow it with such interest.
>
> Art

I didn't get from your reply whether you think a Geek Channel is, in
principle, sustainable -- on the basis of advertising revenue, aftermarket
DVDs, sponsorships of various kinds.  Given we have the food channel, the
weather channel, the scifi channel and the comedy channel, I don't see why
not, off hand.

Anyway, I tried to give a fuller expression of the idea at my blog -- I even
cited your remark about more with less in the last sentence.
http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2004/11/geek-channel.html