[Edu-sig] OK, time for 2.4

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Oct 24 22:30:06 CEST 2004

> Ah, but you have to use quotes around the argument if you haven't
> imported it yet -- this is a standard help() feature that you seem to
> be unaware of and apparently missed in my example.

Good point -- it's true that I'm not in the habit of asking for help using
the string name of a module.

My habit is to import x, then go help(x).  I think I'll change my ways.

Thanks for the lesson.

Kirby

PS:  I have a meeting in a couple hours with the parents and their 8th
grader, who wonders if I might be a good adult mentor for his school
programming project.  He's been dabbling in Perl.  I'm going to see if he
might be open to switching gears (he can always return to Perl later).