[Edu-sig] Re: Edu-sig Digest, Vol 19, Issue 22

Beni Cherniavsky cben at users.sf.net
Sat Mar 12 22:49:29 CET 2005

Darren Payne wrote on 2005-02-26:

> This year I have changed and moved to Gamemaker. I
> have read huge amounts of material advocating
> programming games as a way to encourage kids to think
> - (analyse, synthesise, evaluate, plan, design,
> manage, communicate) ... AND I have never seen such
> enthusiasm for programming, smiles from ear to ear -
> even the girls love it! BTW Gamemaker written in
> Delphi - I think - and has its roots in Pascal.

Game Maker is real fun but quickly one bumps into the need to "real"
programming operations that are more awkward than in a real language
like Python.  I'd like one day to develop ^H^H^H see (I don't want to
commit to anything so big ;-)) a Python-based GameMaker.

Presently, I think many nice things can be done with pygame and
perhaps a bit of code wrapping it.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at users.sf.net>
Note that I can only read emails on week-ends.