[Edu-sig] RE: Pygame, gameMaker etc.

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Mon Mar 14 17:21:26 CET 2005

> As you well know, my tendency toward pugilism has not disappeared - just
> evolved.
>
> For example  --
>
> I have been until now resisting sparring with you as to Fullerian
> geometry.  There seems to be an obsession with regularity - in the
> Euclidian sense. Rigid motions of regular shapes - and in that sense it
> always seems to me to represent a pre-modern (non-Kleinian) conception
> of geometry.

Sparring OK by me.

There's a filter here:  what's easy enough for Kirby to program?  That
narrows things drastically.  I focus on the regular stuff because that's
what's easiest for me to code.

Fuller's goal, on the other hand, was to come up with a coherent geometric
language (a prose form) that'd describe whatever:  trees, stars, dust
mites...

The concentric hierarchy stuff I dwell on in my hypertoons is regular/rigid
(except the jitterbug plays on joint flexibility) and embeds in a frozen
lattice of CCP spheres.  Crystallography mostly.  Plus a basic grounding in
coordinate systems and spatial relationships.  Geometry 101.

http://www.mathforum.com/kb/plaintext.jspa?messageID=3696497