[Edu-sig] DrPython

Swaroop C H swaroopch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:46:27 CEST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:40:21 -0500 (EST), Greg Wilson
<gvwilson at cs.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone.  Three of my students have been working with Dan Pozmanter on
> DrPython, an entry-level IDE for Python programming whose feature set is
> comparable to that of DrScheme and DrJava.  We're coming up on the end of
> term, so I was wondering who'd be interested in giving it a test drive ---
> we'd welcome feedback, and if you have any senior undergrads looking for a
> thesis project, I think further development of DrPython would be an
> excellent choice.

I've been using DrPython for quite a while now, even though I prefer VIM.
I like the simplicity of the GUI as well as the range of plugins
(although I haven't tried them yet, I have my eye on the code
completion plugin)

It's a great IDE :)

P.S. I did post once  in the DrPython forum that the Linux package
doesn't contain important directories but the forum seems awefully
quiet.
--
Swaroop C H
Blog: http://www.swaroopch.info