[Edu-sig] FW: [Visualpython-users] High School Network Security

Lloyd Hugh Allen chandrakirti at gmail.com
Sat May 14 23:52:04 CEST 2005

> FYI, we have a Novell Zenworks network for XP and Win98 machines.  We also
> have Citrix in XP.

Not to be that guy, but:

*It's better practice to run Win98 than to use relatively common open
source software?? Interesting...(although I do recognize the futility
of attempting to run win2k on a 300-500MHz 64 MB machine--and it's
been great fun trying to install SP4 on a 666MHz machine when blaster
and sasser are rampant enough on a network that the machine gets taken
down before the sp4 patch is downloaded).

*You say they won't run it on the network. Could the software be
installed (and/or run off cd) on a machine removed from the network,
if such a machine were to exist?