[Edu-sig] Stop the unschooling debate. NOW.

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Apr 23 10:22:39 CEST 2006

Everybody (!) please leave any discussion of schooling vs. unschooling
or home schooling out of edu-sig. This is not the right platform --
the full name is edu-sig at python.org and the stated goal is discussion
of Python in education.

There is a use for Python in education whether traditional or
deconstructed. Arguments about which form of education is best do not
belong here -- as has already been shown they suck up bandwidth worse
than decorators, lambda and bool.

If you have a comment on Shuttleworth's plans, write him directly. He
doesn't read edu-sig and nobody here has a say in how TSF spends its
money.

And no, the participants in the discussion don't get a parting shot of
the form "okay, I will withdraw, but here are my last words". Believe
me, you've already had your say.

(Hey, I'm almost wishing for Art. At least he's terse. :-)