[Edu-sig] The "Best" IDE

Chuck Allison chuck at freshsources.com
Mon Apr 24 05:26:29 CEST 2006

Hello edu-sig,

  Sorry for such an uninteresting question in light of all that's been
  discussed lately, but I will be teaching Python at Symantec again
  this year - this time an intermediate class to follow up last year's
  Intro class with. Last year we used Komodo as an IDE, because it was
  available for a limited time for free. I was hoping to get your
  input on good IDEs for Python, and especially for those which are
  free. What are your thoughts?

  PS - I was told that Mark Hammond's COM module was buggy with 2.4.
  Has that been fixed? I plan on covering COM this time but want
  something that works. Thanks again.

--
Best regards,
 -- Chuck Allison