[Edu-sig] Bootable Python CDs?

Radenski, Atanas radenski at chapman.edu
Thu Apr 27 21:51:54 CEST 2006

On
> Behalf Of Douglas S. Blank

> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 10:47 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
[snip]
> I believe that Knoppix has the ability to gather up all of the files
of
> a student's desktop, and save them somewhere (network, flash memory,
> floppy, etc). I think that is "Save KNOPPIX configuration" from the
> "KNOPPIX" menu item. Then, the student can pick right back up from
where
> they left off.

I host my Python courses with Moodle. Students can work on any system.
At the end of their lab session, they use a browser to save a zipped
folder with their intermediate results within Moodle. Later they can
download that zipped folder anywhere and continue with the lab. (Moodle
does not carry Python, so it should be installed on the system). No need
to burn CDs or even use flash (although I would personally save a backup
copy somewhere.)

Atanas

Atanas Radenski
mailto:radenski at chapman.edu      http://www.chapman.edu/~radenski/

If you think you are boring your audience, go slower not faster --
Gustav Mahler
info/edu-sig