[Edu-sig] 1 hour introduction to Python

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 04:51:28 CET 2006

On 3/11/06, Grégoire Dooms <dooms at info.ucl.ac.be> wrote:
> Hello,
> next friday I'll give a one hour hands-on Python introduction to our
> students in second year of Bsc in Computer Science.
> The course is part of a "tools class" (other courses in this class are
> about svn, latex and so on).
> They already know Java and Oz.
>
> I think I will basically do this (10-15 minutes per item) :
> - language syntax
> - read/write files, os.listdir and glob.glob
> - os.system, os.popen, urllib.urlopen
> - online documentation and other resources
>
> Do you have ideas of subjects/features I could show them  ? Or useful
> resources ?

i have a one-hour presentation that i give to university students when
i get a chance to speak at one with an appropriate group.  attached is
the abstract of a talk i gave late last year to computer science
graduate students at san francisco state univ.

if you think a copy of my slide presentation would help you further,
just write me privately.

cheers,
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com