[Edu-sig] PySqueak: more on the cultural divide among paradigms

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun May 7 06:10:55 CEST 2006

> Sigh, for a Linux or Windows lab in the US, it looks nice, but for our
> general community projects, platform and country independence are
> important..
>
> Andy

I haven't studied the license carefully.  I did notice a version for
Ubuntu in the downloads section.

Anyway, I think experience with Panda3D will help me think about these
issues we've been grappling with of late (Python vis-a-vis stronger
graphics) -- whether or not this tool becomes widely adopted in say
the TuxLab setting.

Thanks for your heads up though.  The wrong licensing does have a way
of killing an otherwise promising initiative.