[Edu-sig] The fate of raw_input() in Python 3000

Radenski, Atanas radenski at chapman.edu
Fri Sep 8 16:37:19 CEST 2006

________________________________

From: edu-sig-bounces at python.org on behalf of Arthur
Sent: Thu 9/7/2006 6:51 PM

> import
>
> is in fact the most exciting statement we have.
>
> import OpenGL
> import Python
> import Numarray
> import some kid's bright idea from yesterday
> import CandyStore as yummies
>
> I would not have been back for Day Two of Python if I didn't understand
> from Day One, what import could do for me.

Art, this is indeed a very smart example.

You are obviously way more intelligent than the average student whom we need to teach. Our job is to teach Python programming to anyone who may happen to be in our classes. What is good for you may not be good for ordinary beginners. Ordinary mortals usually do not find the meaning of life in the beausty of import statements :-)

> I think the professors are very wrong here.

May be there are, or may be they are not.

> Art

Atanas