[Edu-sig] The fate of raw_input() in Python 3000

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:13:05 CEST 2006

> You can find me over at edupython at googlegroups.com.
>
> -Doug

Who said we couldn't be passionate and hostile as teachers?  As long
as we have it under control.

I'm just registering my attitude, risking no one's reputation but my
own, on a list set aside for teachers (which is what I am).

I think the petition process would set a dangerous precedent, if it
were in any way considered a way to get around already established
machinery.  It'd be just like many teachers I know to think they
should get special privileges.

I say we give them zero extra power, simply on the basis of their
being teachers.  That'd be unfair to other constituencies.

As a teacher, I'd be deeply ashamed to have my name on a Python
Petition of any kind, unless Guido had already signed off on that as a
viable community process.  To my knowledge, he hasn't.  Maybe I'm out
of date.