[Edu-sig] simple guessing games

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 19:08:41 CEST 2006

> Fewer geniuses, but more sophisticates around here.
>
> Art

I know some of the geniuses.

Kenneth Snelson for example (kennethsnelson.net).  I was his first web
master, like to crash in his place (lower west side, studio in Soho)
when visiting.

He gifted me with a tensegrity, just a little too big to fit through
airport security x-ray machine.[1]

Picture me going through EWR in early October five years ago, with
this triangular cardboard carry-on.

These personnel were sophisticated enough to see me as no threat, on
the same side.

Plus our BFI is in Brooklyn (bfi.org).

I'd say we've got "your town" pretty well covered.  But yes, long
johns advised on cold winter days, especially upstate (wife's sister
in Rochester, plus Fuller types in Oswego).[2]

Kirby

[1] http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2006/05/barrel-tower.html

[2] http://synergeticists.org/index.html