[Edu-sig] More on graphics with graphics.py (Zelle's)

Rob Malouf rmalouf at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Feb 12 22:09:31 CET 2007

On Feb 12, 2007, at 12:28 PM, kirby urner wrote:
> PPS:  this code isn't procedural though, may not be suitable for CS0
> within the United States (a math phobic distopia, except in patches)

Yeah, Kirby, we get it.  Can we move on now?

I'll confess -- I teach Python, and I don't introduce object-oriented
design until the second semester (and even then I leave it as an
option).  I have my reasons for doing it that way, and it's got
nothing to do with concerns about math phobia.  Got a problem with
that? Given that you know nothing about my students, my teaching
goals, or our overall curriculum, what makes you think you're
entitled to an opinion about my syllabus?

Rob Malouf <rmalouf at mail.sdsu.edu>
Department of Linguistics and Asian/Middle Eastern Languages
San Diego State University