[Edu-sig] More on graphics with graphics.py (Zelle's)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:13:18 CET 2007

On 2/12/07, Rob Malouf <rmalouf at mail.sdsu.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2007, at 12:28 PM, kirby urner wrote:
> > PPS:  this code isn't procedural though, may not be suitable for CS0
> > within the United States (a math phobic distopia, except in patches)
>
> Yeah, Kirby, we get it.  Can we move on now?

No.  I'm at liberty to stick some editorializing in a PPS now and then.
The rest was straight CS with out of the box Python?

What's your problem?  A little defensive are we?

I'll confess -- I teach Python, and I don't introduce object-oriented
> design until the second semester (and even then I leave it as an
> option).  I have my reasons for doing it that way, and it's got
> nothing to do with concerns about math phobia.  Got a problem with
> that? Given that you know nothing about my students, my teaching

Yeah I do, I think it sucks.  So?  Got a problem with that?

goals, or our overall curriculum, what makes you think you're
> entitled to an opinion about my syllabus?

I'm entitled to opinions about any syllabus under the sun, just as you are.