[Edu-sig] Tracing the Dynabook: A Dissertation

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Jan 21 15:25:42 CET 2007

Paul D. Fernhout wrote:

> I think making easy and widely available this support for easy debugging
> into a function and changing it and restarting all in a still running
> application would be of great value to anyone learning through tinkering
> with a Python-powered application (like an educational simulation). And it
> would increase Python programmer productivity when developing medium to
> large applications probably by a factor of at least 2X or 3X.

The interest in Python for the Squeak folks seems only that there is a
larger and more dynamic community of folks devoted to its use and
continued development.

Somehow.

The possibility that you should as a consequence transition, while here,
to learning mode from teaching mode might, I would think might, occur to
you.

But you are in a community that accepts the rejection of empiricism, so
I guess there is some amount of consistency in point-of-view.

By all means, write the PEP.