[Edu-sig] OLPC on NPR ToTN Today

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Wed May 9 20:21:42 CEST 2007

Thanks for the heads up.

It's not the only story and that one doesn't appear to be OLPC
centric. Alas, the spin is more or less as I suggested in my recent
posting.

See

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=5

which currently reads

===
Schools Reconsider Laptops as Educational Tools

Educators and politicians have pushed the goal of a laptop for every
student. But a number of early adapting schools say the laptops aren't
helping, and critics argue that the computers are simply a
distraction.
===

I'm listening to the stream on kut.org which you can do even if you
are overseas. Right now they are blithering about Don Imus. There will
also be a couple of stories about republican presidential contenders.

http://kut2.streamguys.net/listen.pls

mt