[Edu-sig] Experience with projecting student screens?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:31:56 CEST 2008

I wonder if anyone on edu-sig has experience in classrooms that allow
switching any student's screen to become the projected screen, even
dividing up the projected screen among students (as in some Xbox
games).

I find students don't always like having their privacy disturbed nor
the big brother feel, but understand multi-user game play.

With Twisted on the school server, it's increasing easy to devise
these multi-user exercises involving teams in a competitive
relationship.

Not saying every school uses Twisted, duh, just that we have that
freedom in some academies, where CP4E type kids get a green light to
geek out.

The more common design pattern these days is for students to share
whats on screen more asynchronously, by swapping YouTubes around.