[Edu-sig] ACM Urges Obama to Include CS as Core Component of Science, Math Education

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 22:33:37 CET 2008

2008/12/23 michel paul <mpaul213 at gmail.com>:
> http://www.acm.org/press-room/news-releases/obama-education
>
> "Computing education benefits all students, not just those interested in
> pursuing computer science or information technology careers," said Bobby
> Schnabel, chair of ACM's Education Policy Committee (EPC).

Thanks. I'll invite them to join Earth Treasury's digital textbook
project for the OLPC XO + Sugar. We have Smalltalk, Python, and FORTH
standard on the XO, and we can add anything else of interest. Well,
not Ada or C++, but those aren't of interest to third graders. APL is
coming. Scheme is pretty easy. What else would you like?

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Creating_textbooks

> Yes we can!  Yes we can!  Yes we can!
>
> - Michel

And Children are my nation.