[Edu-sig] Edu-sig Digest, Vol 54, Issue 3

Albert Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:36:27 CET 2008

I am currently writing a book aimed at the general 9 to 12 year old range
that teaches Python through game programming. The style of the book is
mostly "here's the (simple) game's source code, type it in, run it, and now
I will explain how to works" format that the book I learned BASIC
programming with at that age (Fred Dignazio's Invent Your Own Computer
Games).

The book is located here:
http://pythonbook.coffeeghost.net

In the later chapters, I was going to use PyGame for the games that used
graphics and sound (though I am also looking into Pyglet).

My question for the list is, would you advise going with Tkinter instead of
PyGame/Pyglet? I have no experience with Tkinter, but the idea of a
cross-platform library that comes bundled with even old versions of Python
is very appealing. Any suggestions?

Albert Sweigart