[Edu-sig] What Linux distro?

Fahreddın Basegmez mangabasi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:35:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have been developing a programmable scientific visualization
tool/rapid game maker with wxPython for a while.  I recently released
the first public beta version that works on windows only.  Now, I am
going to start working on a Linux version very soon.  I have not
decided which distro to use yet but leaning towards Ubuntu.  Could you
give me some feedback?  What is the most popular distro in educational
institutes/settings?

You can download the application from www.mekanimo.net.

Also I have a 5 min video at
http://mekanimomedia.s3.amazonaws.com/tangram/Tangram.html

If you try the application, I would appreciate your feedback about that too.

Thanks in advance,

Fahri Basegmez