[Edu-sig] What Linux distro?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:53:29 CEST 2009

> If distributed as a Python egg or one of those disutil things
> (setup.py), then which exact Linux distro should have to matter that
> much.

... should *not* have to matter so much, sorry.

Python apps distribute independently of distro mechanisms like RPM,
though if you get it up stream in Debian apt-get repository, then it
starts to come through Synaptic in Ubuntu pretty quickly.

It's not either/or then:  could invite others to help you distribute
however they want to distribute.  The more distribution channels the
better eh?

Really liked the zero gravity piece.  Of course I'm dreaming "fish
tank" (spatial version) in OGL or one of those.

Thanks again,