[Edu-sig] python teacher = mathematics teacher (namespace)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 17:33:14 CET 2009

I get emails from math teachers in training sometimes, wanted to run
by an excerpt of a recent reply.

The math guy writing me says:

"""

My name is ____________, I'm currently training to be a maths teacher
in the UK. I have a degree in maths and program as a hobby.

For my PGCE I'm required to write a masters level assignment and I've
decided I want to research into how python can be used to teach
mathematics to 11-16 year old children. I'm very much impressed with
your existing work and will be studying it closely. I was wondering,
however, if you would be able to point me in the direction of other
work done in the field (if there is any), since I have only been able
to find work by yourself.

"""

"""