[Edu-sig] Renaming PyWhip

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:17:17 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM, David MacQuigg
<macquigg at ece.arizona.edu>wrote:

> OK, PyWhip is out.  I'm still looking for something short and memorable.
>
> How about PyJet?  Fits right in with its most likely home on App Engine.  I
> can even imagine a logo with a jet engine strapped to a Python.  I can't
> think of any S&M connotations, but then I'm not very familiar with that
> subculture. :>)
>
> I'm more interested in opinions with reasons than just votes.  The decision
> will be made by those who are active on the project.
>
> -- Dave

Thanks for the clarifications.

I had no idea why PyWhip was out.

The connotation I'd gotten was like CoolWhip [tm] -- some kind of foamy
sugary thing.

Given the geometry-intensive curriculum I work with, I'm likely reliant on
students having a local interpreter handy, along with 3rd party add-ons.

I was doing more with VPython last night in fact, on the clock for one of
our sponsors (Oregon Curriculum Network is over a decade old).

More links on math-thinking-l (just posted):

http://mail.geneseo.edu/pipermail/math-thinking-l/2010-February/000654.html

Maybe I'll "see" some of you at tonight's the Math 2.0 event.