[Edu-sig] Renaming PyWhip

David MacQuigg macquigg at ece.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 25 02:52:49 CET 2010

PyKata ... YES!! Please don't tell me this means something awful in
Korean. :>) According to Wikipedia:

    A kata can refer to any basic form, routine, or pattern of behavior
    that is practiced to various levels of mastery. In Japanese
    language, kata is a frequently-used word meaning “way of doing
    things,” with emphasis on the form and order of the process. Other
    meanings are “training method” and “formal exercise.” The goal of a
    painter’s practicing, for example, is to merge his consciousness
    with his brush; the potter’s with his clay; the garden designer’s
    with the materials of the garden. Once such mastery is achieved, the
    theory goes, the doing of a thing perfectly is as easy as thinking it.

Practice these problems until you can do them without thinking, at least
not thinking about syntax. I used to practice Karate, and this fits
perfectly.

Comments?

-- Dave