[Edu-sig] Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python book now on Amazon

Albert Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed May 19 23:20:20 CEST 2010

Hello everyone. I've written a book called "Invent Your Own Computer
Games with Python" which is freely available under a Creative Commons
license at http://inventwithpython.com The print version is now also
available on Amazon.com at
http://www.amazon.com/Invent-Your-Computer-Games-Python/dp/0982106017/

Unlike many other programming books which cover programming concepts
and principles without concrete examples, each chapter in "Invent with
Python" features the complete source code for a small game (Guess the
Number, Tic Tac Toe, Hangman, Encryption, Othello, etc.) and then
explains the code line by line, covering programming concepts as they
are used. This is similar to the old source code listings in Byte
magazine and other books on BASIC.

The online html and pdf versions are free and unabridged. The print
version is $25 and qualifies for free shipping. (I wanted to make the
book as affordable as possible, especially compared to other
programming books.) If you know of an educational institute or
nonprofit that would like to make a bulk purchase, I can lower the
price to about $7 a copy (plus shipping).

I'm always open to questions and criticisms, or if anyone knows of
teachers or after-school computer clubs that could make use of this
book.

Thanks!

-Al Sweigart