[Edu-sig] Announcement: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist -- Interactive Edition

Phil Wagner philhwagner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 07:22:39 CEST 2011

Wow Brad, I'm so glad you are keeping up this project. It was the tutorial
that got me started on Python, what I provide to all of my students, and my
top recommendation on my blog. To have additional resources and support for
teachers will be wonderful. Thank you so much.

Looking through this, makes me feel like a new standard has been set for
online textbooks!

As far as feedback, is it possible that the video could be in widescreen?
I'm not sure how it was recorded but it squishes everything in.

The code boxes are brilliant, but I ran an infinite while loop in one and it
froze up the page. Not a big deal in Chrome since each window runs
independently of each other and I just closed it. I could see this happening
20 seconds into a course. Could be a feature not a bug and I am certainly
not advocating for "locking it down" but thought I would mention it.

Thanks again! Your resources are making a huge impact and opening doors for
people who might not otherwise have discovered the joys of programming.

--

www.brokenairplane.com (Ed-Tech Blog, Tutorials, and Resources)
Connect with me on: Twitter <https://twitter.com/brokenairplane>,