[EuroPython] Website for the Conference

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:55:08 +0100

Dinu Gherman wrote:
> Yes, it is - especially the cartoon! ;-)
>
> Unless I'm the only one slightly confused about this,
> I suggest to refocus the wording just a bit to say if
> the conference is mainly about Python ("Euro-Python")
> or mainly about Zope ("European Python-Zope Developers")
> or equally well about both.
>
> In fact, I see eurozope.org for the first time now, be-
> ing mentioned in the URL lists, but I guess this does
> not make it clearer, at least not to me.
>
> OTOH, if everybody else is much smarter than I am, then
> please forget what I wrote...

It's a good question; many people will have this concern. I *tried* to
make Python prominent as I think it's absolutely essential to say
'Python' primarily and Zope only secondarily so as we get as broad a
range of Pythoneers as possible. But of course many of the organizers
know each other from the European Zope community, so the effects are going
to show.

When I start mailing the press release to all the places Marc-Andre
was suggesting (today and tomorrow).. I'll just try to add a bit before
talking about this.

Regards,

Martijn