[EuroPython] Python tracks/topics

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:14:34 +0100

Joseph Santaniello wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Perhaps 'Python in The Real World' is just too general a topic. Maybe
> something like 'Python for solving Real World Problems' which has
> scientific issues, technical discussions, etc, and examples of real world
> solutions that have been implemented in Python, and another track that
> focuses on the more non-technical, or less specific aspects of Python in
> practice. Things like all the business, cultural, and development model
> stuff.

Nothing against scientific applications, but what we Tim and I
originally had in mind was a session where we could discuss
business models around Python, strategies for convincing
decision makers about the values of using Python in projects,
total cost of ownership w/r to Python and Python applications,
etc.

In that sense "the Real World" meant: Python in business
environments.

So perhaps we need two tracks:

* Python in Business
* Python in Science

I would also propose to have one tutorial day and two
conference days (dropping the dev day). This allows us
to have three tracks on each day.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH