[EuroPython] send out press release

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:52:41 +0100

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> >
> > I would suggest rewriting the title like:
> >
> >   European Python and Zope Conference 2002 to take place in Charleroi, Belgium,
> >   June 26-28
>
> Hmm, maybe I have missed something here, but why is there such an
> emphasis on "Zope Conference" all of the sudden ? AFAIR, the original
> intent was to have a Zope track at a Python conference...

While the original intent was to have a conference about Python (..and
then also Zope), i.e. Zope comes second, there weren't any sudden
changes in emphasis at all.

If this is a political issue I for one am quite willing to drop
the 'and Zope' from the title, however.

> > And the header like:
> >
> >         Charleroi, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, xxx, February 11
>
> We should just use Charleroi, since that's where the EuroPython
> Conference Team is "officially" located.

Right, and I'm in Rotterdam or in Utrecht, depending on when you're looking.
Though www.europython.org runs in Amsterdam. :)

[snip comments from Marc-Andre that are sensible; stay away from mentioning
Java, let's not get lost in the free/open source debate, etc]

I don't know who has the final version of the press release now.. Can we
pick one or two people who manage this whole press release story? I'd be
glad to let others do this. :)

Regards,

Martijn