[EuroPython] send out press release

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:56:28 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> > >
> > > I would suggest rewriting the title like:
> > >
> > >   European Python and Zope Conference 2002 to take place in Charleroi, Belgium,
> > >   June 26-28
> >
> > Hmm, maybe I have missed something here, but why is there such an
> > emphasis on "Zope Conference" all of the sudden ? AFAIR, the original
> > intent was to have a Zope track at a Python conference...
>
> While the original intent was to have a conference about Python (..and
> then also Zope), i.e. Zope comes second, there weren't any sudden
> changes in emphasis at all.
>
> If this is a political issue I for one am quite willing to drop
> the 'and Zope' from the title, however.

I don't have an issue with it, but the current press release
text puts more emphasis on Zope than on Python and that's
not what I had expected from the first *Python* conference
in Europe (after many many years).

> > > And the header like:
> > >
> > >         Charleroi, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, xxx, February 11
> >
> > We should just use Charleroi, since that's where the EuroPython
> > Conference Team is "officially" located.
>
> Right, and I'm in Rotterdam or in Utrecht, depending on when you're looking.
> Though www.europython.org runs in Amsterdam. :)
>
> [snip comments from Marc-Andre that are sensible; stay away from mentioning
> Java, let's not get lost in the free/open source debate, etc]
>
> I don't know who has the final version of the press release now.. Can we
> pick one or two people who manage this whole press release story? I'd be
> glad to let others do this. :)

The wiki has the current version and we put a deadline on the text:
next friday. After that we'll need up-to-date translations and can
then start pushing the release out the door.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH