[EuroPython] Exhibitors at the EuroPython Conference

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:26:44 +0100 (CET)

> Perhaps that exhibitors could contact me directly, asking what they
> would like to have as free area, conveniences, etc.

AS a potential exhibitor, I'd say "Small is beautiful". We would mainly
use a booth to let people that say "Hey, I'd like to eventually meet these
guys" actually find us and have a display with slides presenting what
we're doing. That's one table and two chairs.

Small booths would be cheaper and you'd have more of them, so lot of
companies could have a presence there and get a chance to meet with
everyone else.

My experience at fairs is that flex-your-muscles-big-boothers don't
impress people that much and don't get much out of it... Start-up season
is over by now, businesses would rather see you there every year with a
6m2 booth than one year with a 60m2 one and never ever again ;-)

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)