[EuroPython] Talks & Papers

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:05:35 +0100

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Uhm, I am confused: why do you call this call for papers when
> you really want a call for talks ?

I'm not, but I didn't write this document; it was already there.
I figured we might be able to adapt it, but perhaps that's not necessary.

> BTW, I think all of this is too bureaucratic: just have the track
> champions manage the tracks and organize the talks (like e.g.
> Tim and I did for the business track). We really don't need any
> "form" of some kind -- personal contact is much more important
> here.

All right, that's fine with me as well. No form. But if we want to call
for speakers and they should respond, how do we do this then?
Somekind of call with a list of contacts (by email) would still be necessary.

> Since nobody else volunteered, Tim and I will also play track
> champions for the Web Services track.

Great! :)

I can play champion (along with Tom) for the Zope track, and I can probably
also do something which I call the 'Python geek track' for want of a better
word.. By this I mean language technology of interest, such as Psyco and
Stackless, Jython perhaps if it doesn't get its own stuff,
and perhaps something more library oriented as well.

> I'll edit the business track and web services track pages
> when I get home from London.

Thanks,

Martijn