[EuroPython] Budget team

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 23:20:47 +0100

> > AB Strakt is not a charity.  700 Euros is not a 'risk' for us, merely
> > an unprofitable business proposition
>
> Then, don't take a booth.

I hate to say it but I cannot see the booth market
making a fortune for anyone.  Also, Reportlab will
not be taking one at any price.  Here's why:  I'd
have to bring a colleague to staff it, which will
leave only 1/3 of our team on duty, delay us on
projects and cost us money back home quite apart
from the extra flights, hotels etc.

But if I did, I would be happy with a plain table
and a board to pin brochures one for 200 Euros,
accepting the risk of them being stolen overnight
etc., rather than anything more impressive with
connections, hardware and security.  I suggest
you do something simple and save yourself work.

If someone will pay more, offer them a full page
in the conference program.  Since we will let
everyone pull down their PDF program themselves,
printing could be pretty cheap :-)

- Andy