[EuroPython] Cost of having materials distributed to attendees?

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel@wingide.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 20:26:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Tom Deprez wrote:
> We haven't thought on this, so we don't have a price ticket on this
> right now. But let met think, the only difference between this method
> and having a booth would be:
>
> 1) We've to do the work (somebody has to put it in the bags)
> 2) You reach every visitor, since its in his/her bag.
>
> Because this, I guess we can't go lower than the base price of the
> booths. Because of the above points, I would even go higher: 250 EUR?

Something in that range would be quite acceptible for us.  We'ld do that
instead of hiring a booth, since it's much easier to arrange in absentia.

> We've an idea of about 200-300 visitors. We can accompany 400-450
> people and this is the level we want to reach. I think we can give an
> accurate registration amount after the press-release.

That sounds good... quite impressive in fact, if you make it.  We'ld need
to know roughly the number about 2 weeks ahead of time, so it's not a
big rush.

By the way, your booth prices are indeed very good, and I think that's a
*great* idea because it makes for a potentially much more lively exhibit
at the conference.  Python isn't a big money space at the moment, so I'm
really happy to see you're scaling your conference accordingly. I hope you
get lots of exhibitors.  We'll definately be there for future conferences!

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!