[EuroPython] RE: EuroPython - Speakers information (fwd)

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:56:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi List,

I just received this question regarding the proceedings of the conference.
I commented it with my opinion and would like yours.

> I would like to clarify one point. In my mind, the proceeding paper
> was not the same thing that the presentation material. I thought that
> the proceedings was something quite formal with full english sentences
> (e.g. the PDF I sent you), while the presentation was something
> 'slide-like' (bullet-points,...). As I understand your message, there
> is no difference between the two. I presume that what you mean is that
> the bullet-points presentation is planned to be put as such on the
> proceedings CD; so there is no more formal paper needed. Is it what
> you have in mind ?

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. I cannot ask every speaker to
prepare a talk *and* write an article.

> IMHO, the two concepts should be separated. Then each speaker could
> choose between
> - providing 2 files, one for the presentation, one for the proceedings
> - providing one presentation file that will be used also for the
> proceedings (the easy way)

I agree with this.

Opinions ?

--