[EuroPython] RE: EuroPython - Speakers information (fwd)

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 24 May 2002 15:11:59 +0200

Dinu Gherman wrote:
> Nicolas Chauvat <Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr>:
>
> > Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. I cannot ask every speaker to
> > prepare a talk *and* write an article.
> >
> > > IMHO, the two concepts should be separated. Then each speaker could
> > > choose between
> > > - providing 2 files, one for the presentation, one for the proceedings
> > > - providing one presentation file that will be used also for the
> > > proceedings (the easy way)
> >
> > I agree with this.
> >
> > Opinions ?
>
> I can't speak for the others, but I had not in mind to prepare a
> prose paper in addition to a 'bulleted' presentation. At the start
> there was some talk about a paper submission process, but I be-
> lieve this was sort of silently abstracted away.

Yes, in fact an explicit decision was made not to do this, this year
at least. If people *want* to submit a paper then of course that's
great and we can offer this for download, but it is not a requirement.

Next time we may indeed be more formal.

Regards,

Martijn