[EuroPython] Interviews/Brochures

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Thu, 30 May 2002 10:52:22 +0200 (CEST)

Tom Deprez <tom@aragne.com>:

> Would it be possible to have a footer and header line? The header line
> contains the date, place, etc of the conference and ends with a line.
> The footer starts with a line and shows the page number
> It it possible to make a linespace between answer of previous answer
> and next question? (Perhaps a light gray background of the question)

Sure, the first shot is always ugly! ;-)

> I'm trying to contact Andy concerning the creation of the talks
> broshures and timetable etc, unfortunately I haven't received a
> response yet, so I don't know what ReportLab managed to do already.
> Are they too busy right now? That's great for ReportLab, but we
> need the pdf creation soon too. I would like to know if ReportLab is
> capable of handling it or not. Do you've a direct line with Andy?

Andy is on a (terribly needed) one week vacation, but he told me he
was about to do something thereafter using xmlrpc-stuff to fetch
data from the Zope thingy. In the meantime getting more interviews
would be just as important.

> I believe that ReportLabs libraries can use html code. In case this
> is a  problems, then we can covert the text to structured text or xml.

Both is fine, but needs to be transformed slightly to match a specific
DTD (only stuff inside the <story> element would suffice):

  http://me.in-berlin.de/~darwin/rml_1_0.dtd

We could download these story snippets, process and upload the PDFs...

Regards,

Dinu