[EuroPython] EPC2003: program + length + public + fees

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:56:30 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:

> eg Green : 3 days
>      Blue   : last 2 days
>     Yellow : only first day

Simple. Good. +1

> I don't think that we've to go that far...., don't forget it's a python
> conference as well, so you need to make the difference there then too... and
> whit how many colours will we then end up?
> Mmm, what about people who are both?

Me bad. I did have just my Zope glasses on.

> I even don't know if all people would like to be pointed as 'business',
> 'hacker', ...
> Would you really be only interested in people which have the same color tag
> as yours?

Well the idea is like with color you could put yourself out to certain
subjects. Like without words say that 'Here. I am here to make business.
I am interested to know what others do, buy and sell. Do something new'.
Or with a user badge say ' I am here to find products, tools and ideas
to make my life easier '. And with developer / core hacker badge say ' I
participate in all cool stuff and I could have an interesting product or
ideas for you to use or buy'.

>>In the simplest form this is just a Wikiweb, where people can
>>communicate. But it should be made public and promoted that poeple
>>would take an advantage of these possibilities and use the valuable
>>'face time' well, meeting interesting people.
>
> There was a wikiweb for the public.... I don't think it's used a lot.

Well that is what I meant with promoting it.. Making it happen, show
that this is how you could use it - this is how you should use it atleast.

,-)

-huima