[EuroPython] Possible Talks/Activities/Coaching on EPC

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:03:13 +0200

Andrew Smart:

> I'm undecided about giving talks at EPC. The reason is that all of that
> stuff doesn't have direct connections to Python or Zope. I can give
> talks about
> - what are the major obstacles in IT projects
> - some views about measuring effort in IT projects
> - the "Theory of Constraints" approach to IT projects/project
> management
> - my systemical view of software projects and teams
> - teams, geeks and the human factor
> [...]
> Give me your views, folks!

This is certainly interesting in itself. It is also mainly about
project management, if I understand correctly, and as you have
touched on it yourself, it could be seen as a departure from the
main conference topics, which are Python and Zope.

While I definitly wouldn't mind one more business talk, I'm not so
sure I'd like to see the conference scope being extended by an en-
tire track or day dedicated to project management issues.

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read - I understand