[EuroPython] Slogan for EPC2003

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:26:29 +0000

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:

>> Well, just remove the second Python if it will be used like that.
>>                EuroPython 2003
>>             It's a matter of time
>
> I think that this line is much less obvious than the
> "simple is better than complex" one.

Well, yes.  That's one of the reasons I like it.

> Shortening dev times is a good slogan too, but we'll
> need a different punch line to get that across, something
> like:
>             Raising the Bar on Productivity
>
> (not sure whether it's "on Productivity" or "for Productivity"
>   - a native speaker should clear up that difference)

I think both suck :-)

I dunno, this just doesn't seem to work for me as a conference slogan.
Do you expect attending the conference to make you more productive?

       EuroPython 2003
  for the sake of simplicity

or

       EuroPython 2003
  for the sake of productivity

both read better to me, to the last one is a bit, erm, arrogant, maybe?

Cheers,
M.

--
  Roll on a game of competetive offence-taking.
                                            -- Dan Sheppard, ucam.chat