[EuroPython] tracks again

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:34:01 +0100

Hi there,

I just got Alex Martelli mailing me who he should contact to
send in proposals. We should at least be moving ahead with organizing this so
here's another push:

>From the web page:

 http://europython.zope.nl/sessions/descriptions

and the thread it looks like the stuff is not entirely up to date/
consistent.

What appears to be missing is

Python/Zope in Public Administrations: Nicolas Pettiaux

and Zope Tutorials and Lightning talks and perhaps more.

Oh, and the track description of the
Zope track is definitely out of date (mentions 2002, and lighting talks
should be a separate 'track').

Python Applications Track

  No track champion yet, and talks about a 'wide range of Python
  applications and frameworks.' My proposal is to split off the
  'frameworks' part into the:

Python Frameworks Track

  Track champion: Martijn Faassen

  Talks on a wide range of Python frameworks (not end-user applications).
  These frameworks or libraries are used to build applications. This
  includes XML libraries, database connectivity, internet server frameworks,
  etc.

Python Language Track (Michael Hudson with me as his Igor)

The rest of the tracks seem to be in good hands, except for the Web
Services track. Would it be possible to include one or more talks about
web services in the Python Frameworks track? Though the Frameworks track
may be more technical than the intent of the web services track; I don't know
(wasn't able to attend that track last year).

Regards,

Martijn