[EuroPython] Version 0.0.1 of CFP announcement

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 10:23:51 +0100

On samedi, mars 8, 2003, at 17:03 Europe/Paris, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Paul Everitt wrote:
>> Last year's EPC2003 was the first-ever community-organized Python
>> event.
>
> There were of course other Python events more locally organized that
> were community organized, so this may be overstating it.

Drop the line or water it down?

>> You can propose a 30 minute talk, a 45 minute talk, or a 2 hour
>> tutorial.  To propose a tutorial, please visit the Talk Submission
>> page at http://www.europython.org/Talks/callFor.
>
> Isn't a two hour tutorial a bit long? I mean, I might fall asleep, but
> then
> I'm perhaps not the target audience. What I'd like is a bunch of
> 'lightning tutorials' where in 30 minutes or so the guy up front tries
> impart some wisdom on the audience.

Such a change is a significant departure from last year.  While that
isn't bad, it simply means we'll need to route it through the nebulous
Consensus Process.

--Paul