[EuroPython] Version 0.0.1 of CFP announcement

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:03:17 +0100

Paul Everitt wrote:
> Last year's EPC2003 was the first-ever community-organized Python
> event.

There were of course other Python events more locally organized that
were community organized, so this may be overstating it.

> You can propose a 30 minute talk, a 45 minute talk, or a 2 hour
> tutorial.  To propose a tutorial, please visit the Talk Submission
> page at http://www.europython.org/Talks/callFor.

Isn't a two hour tutorial a bit long? I mean, I might fall asleep, but then
I'm perhaps not the target audience. What I'd like is a bunch of
'lightning tutorials' where in 30 minutes or so the guy up front tries to
impart some wisdom on the audience.

Regards,

Martijn