[EuroPython] Re: [Pbf] Some things I'd like to see at EuroPython...

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:18:29 +0100

Andy Robinson wrote:
>>* A ReportLab tutorial.
>
> With pleasure.  I've had one accepted for OSCON
> and would like to do the same here:  start from the
> beginning, with a focus on letting people add PDF
> output to their own application. I can easily
> do 3 hours and think it probably needs this to
> teach it well; although we could break it down
> into PDF (maybe 70%) and graphics (maybe 30%).
>
>>* A Twisted tutorial or workshop.
>
> Yes please!
>
> (actually, for a really fun idea, I'd like to
> hook up our code to Twisted to make a chart server
> and/or a PDF server.  Itamar reckons it might
> be just a handful of lines of code, it would be
> a good teaching example for Twisted, and letting
> everyone make data-aware bitmap charts on the
> web would be really cool.  Maybe a sprint the
> day before, then work it into the tutorials ?)

Personally, I'd love to attend those two as well. I hope
the schedule makes this possible.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 16 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     16 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       100 days left