[EuroPython] Agenda for IRC meeting

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Thu Jan 15 09:57:39 EST 2004

I'd like to run the IRC meeting in a way that is as time efficient as
possible. For this purpose I would like to impose the following on the
meetings that we have:
1. Fixed length.  For this meeting, I think it should stop at 19.30.
2. Agenda order
a. Introductions - briefly say who you are and what your interest/role in
Europython is
b. Uncontroversial items that need formal deciding, or information needs to
get spread.
c. Important items that need urgent discussions/decisions
d. Other items
3. Somebody writes a summary of what gets decided
4. We do not bring up any issues that are not on the agenda, unless they are
urgent or we have time left over in the meeting
5. We follow the order of the agenda

For this meeting, I would like to reserve a 15 minute time slot at the end for
discussions on the budget and what we should charge in participation fees,
even though this falls in category b or c.

In the case that somebody wants to discuss an item that I have filed under
category b, you just say so when the item comes up. In this case, we leave
the item and come back to it later during the meeting, or postpone it until a
later meeting.

AGENDA
A. Introductions (10 minutes)

B. Information/Decision items (10 minutes)
- Fixing of hours for the conference
- Preliminary selection of room sizes
- Local volunteers
- Responsible person for catering
- Perks for people giving talks/arranging conference
- Corporate participation, sponsorship

C. Urgent discussion items
- Website - responsibilites, division of labour, technology, design
- Reconfirmation of tracks and track chairs
- Talks and papers - how to register
- Refereed paper track
- Keynote speakers
- Participant registration - early bird, cutoff, on site - procedure, payment
etc
- Information for participants - when and how much
- Accomodation
- Registration for lodging - procedure, payment

D Other items (we reserve a minimum of 10 minutes)
- Marketing - press releases, forums
- Lunch - ambition, cost
- Coffee - ambition, costs
- Conference dinner - ambition, costs
- Tutorials
- Sprints

E. Urgent itmes, left until last (15 minutes)
- Budget
- Time planning - deadlines for when things have to be done