[EuroPython] Re: EPC 2005 and 2006

Christian Heimes heimes at faho.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jun 9 17:38:39 EDT 2004

Laura Creighton wrote:
> I think that, for the future, it would be a good idea if people who
> want to host a future EuroPython made their intention known
> before the current EuroPython.  First of all, people might not
> have been as enthusiastic about Göteborg if thye knew they
> had Geneva as an alternative.  Second of all, EuroPython is
> _the place to find the organisiers you want for your conference_.
> You want to start building your team at the conference, not between
> times.

Blame it on me :)
I got the idea on Saturday evening while having a beer with Dario and
some other guys. We had a brain storming about the future of EP and I
remembered that a friend of mine has told me about the usage of python
at CERN.

I had a little conversation with him over ICQ. He is studying at the
same university as I but he is at the CERN right now doing some
research. He started asking some people very inofficially and we got
positive results at the beginning of this week.
We decided not to make it public over all because we didn't had a yes
from either the EP team nor the official CERN staff.

On the other hand it's very good that you didn't announced it at the
last key note. Having the EP 2005 at CERN won't be easily possible
because the time is too short but EP 2006 is likely possible.

I'm going th join the Plone sprint tomorrow and AFAIK Dario will be
there, too. So if you want to talk about EP at CERN come to get me. I'm the
  guy with long hair and glasses.

Christian